Saturday, January 01, 2005

Resolutions

I've never really gotten into the whole New Year resolution thing. I don't really know why. Maybe it's because I've been too lazy to do one. However, I do have this blog so I can post it as a reminder to keep on track. So without further ado, here are my modest New Year's Resolutions.

By next year, I want to accomplish the following:
  1. Do 10,000 situps/crunches. It amounts to about 30 a day, very plausible. A pretty silly story, really. I had to work on Christmas eve and then Christmas morning. Sucks, I know, but I was trying to make the best of it. I have a pair of dark emerald green slacks. They are nice looking, kindly flashy, and very impractical to wear. I figured, just for Christmas, I'd wear the green slacks, a white shirt, and a red tie. Unfortunately, to my horror, the green slacks, which used to fit me perfectly, now do not fit me at all! I can't even squeeze into them! Apparently I've been eating too much the past couple of years. I'm not fat by any stretch of the imagination, but it would be nice to lose one inch. I guess this means I'm vain.

  2. Read 24 books. I've been neglecting my reading since I've been out of school. I know how to read, so I might as well do it! The books must be at least 100 pages in length, not including illustrations. Magazine don't count.

  3. Speaking of school, I've enrolled in UNLV and plan to get back into the whole college thing. I'm planning to ease into it. Since my workload will be light, I should be able to ace all my classes, right? Take at least four classes in the next year, and get A's in all of them. It's not like I'll be overworked, no excuses for me!

  4. Try to post at least three times a week. I'm really a hot and cold blogger. Mostly I don't feel like posting anything, or I'm just not in the mood. However, when I'm not in the mood for posting is probably the best time for me to post! 'Cause how are you going to see a true version of me if I only speak when I feel fine or good or swell? Besides, I don't really want to post, "A week ago I saw Kevin Spacey in concert and he was very impressive..." It seems so unspontaneous to post about things that happend days ago, and I end up not saying anything instead. Even it it's a silly little "I saw the red hollies growing outside and it reminded me of the movie The Village" I should still say it. Maybe I should try to post more pictures too.

Other ambigous goals for me: Be more friendly, more sociable. Watch less tv, more movies. Clean up my room. Get a cell phone (maybe). Carry around a pen and notebook. Try more different things. Be more reckless (assertive). Try not to worry so much about spelling and grammar, and all the other little things that bother me. Be more grateful. Communicate more easily, frequently, abundantly.

2 Comments:

Blogger Freon said...

Ditto, ditto, ditto.

I agree with all of this. I'm going to steal some of them. The crunches, definitely need to do that.

Read 24 books, I want to do that, could easily do that, but I think I'm going to require myself to read 12 non-fiction. I used to read a lot of nf when I was in elementary school, biographies mainly, but ever since I discovered fantasy I get bored with anything that doesn't include magic and dragons.
Post daily, that would be cool, but I don't think it would be realistic. So I'll post every other day. Ha, that will be hard to stick to.

How about your football team? You need to post your thoughts on our fantasy season.

Talk to you later.

11:38 PM  
Blogger Palinchron said...

What sucks about the football league is that if I had played anyone other than you in the 1st round of the playoffs, I would have won the league! I can't complain too much, though, because I won my other league (and I had a little bit of luck). I'll post my full thoughts on the league in a few days.

2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home