Monday, December 20, 2004

Dilemma

I can't sleep. Naturally, I've been thinking - always a bad sign.

Imagine this dilemma. Take a boy and a girl. Let's say they're interested in each other. In fact, getting together seems to be the most natural thing in the world. However, there is a problem. In less than 3 months, the boy is moving 5,000 miles away; effectively ending any potential relationship. Worse yet, the boy knows he is leaving. What does he do? Does he throw caution into the wind, and get involved with the girl not caring about the consequences? Or does he stop the relationship in the beginning thus sparing both from future pain?


It's been... eight years. I still think I did the right thing, but sometimes I wish I was more selfish. I don't really think that incident has affected me too much by itself - it's more of a cumulative effect. While I was growing up, I had to get used to the fact that I had to make new friends every couple of years. Being an Air Force brat can wear on you. Even when I didn't move, my friends usually did. I think over the years, my spirit has eroded away.

Let me be honest. I'm very closed off. I am somewhat unfriendly, though not to my friends. Getting to be my friend, however, can be difficult. It requires either persistance or luck. I'm very quiet. I'm picky and I tend to be cautious. I definitely have a hard time expressing myself. I think part of the reason I only blog about once a week is because I've consciously tried to keep things light and irreverent.

Anyways, sleep has finally decided to summon me - so I have to go. I will try to open up a little in the future. Maybe airing my grievances will help. In the mean time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home