Monday, January 10, 2005

Googlewhacking

"Googlewhacking is a game in which, to win, you enter two words into the massive Google search engine and come up with just one result, meaning you have found a pair of words that appear only once on the same Web page in nearly the entire vastness of the Internet."

Okay I basically ripped this off from Eric Zorn's notebook on www.chicagotribune.com, but I didn't feel like paraphrasing something so short. Here is the source page.

Here are some examples I did for googlewhacking:
  • Example 1 (Notice I used an 'alternate' spelling for filibuster, and the longest word in the dictionary)

  • Example 2 (Sure, one of the words may not be in the dictionary, but it is used in the Might and Magic series)

  • Example 3 (heh, using my name might be considered... cheap)

  • Example 4 (err, one of these is technically not a word)

  • Example 5 (it's easier if you don't have to worry about choosing words that may not have any meaning)

I can't actually give the words out on my post because that would cause google to pick up two pages instead of one. Also, these examples may be true now, but not necessarily a week from now because the internet is an ever-evolving creature.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home