Sunday, March 05, 2006

Obstacles

Actually, yesterday I ripped open a big bloody wound on my left finger, so I found it hard to type without pouring blood onto my keyboard. I'm trying to keep up with my blog, but there are always obstacles, whether it be general laziness, the fact that I should prioritize finishing my next essay for English, or a lacerated finger. But I'm trying to be more disciplined about filling my blog.

What I meant to say was that lately I've been wanting to sleep all the time. Just the past two days I've logged at least 22 hours of sleep. It just seems like there's no point being awake--if I'm not working or doing school related stuff, what's the point? An old friend of mine postulated that maybe the need for excessive sleep was due to a need to escape from the rigors of life. That is, if you are depressed, then maybe going to sleep is a way to escape the depression, at least for the time being. Am I feeling down? Perhaps so.

In other news, I actually found my television remote the other day. It was in my backpack. Apparently I thought it was a calculator, so it's been in there for a few weeks. Ironically, now that I have my remote back, I still have not been watching TV. Yes, I've decided that excessive television viewing might not be such a productive endeavor. So I've quit the TV. I'm too busy with work and school in any case.

There are many things that I want to do, but few goals that I actually achieve. I've been a little pensive about expressing them, however. I'd like to say that I follow through on whatever I say I'm going to try, but realistically it is hard to actually do what I set out to do. Nevertheless, I think it is better to make too many goals and fall short than to not make any goals at all. With that being said, here are some goals of mine right now:

  • Learn the guitar (so I can actually play the guitar I got for christmas)

  • Read the Da Vinci Code before the movie comes out this summer

  • Get a new computer (so I can actually use the iPod I got for christmas)

  • Write a big assembly language program for fun (am I crazy?)

  • Finish learning HTML, or at least learn some web-based language fully

  • Blog at least once a week (not too much to ask, right?)

  • Use myspace more than almost never (probably will not happen until a) I get a new computer that doesn't crash there and b) I have some free time (summer) )

  • Join a bowling league in the summer and next fall


Speaking of bowling, I've just been appointed the new anchor for my team for this week. Why? Well, I've been red hot lately, and I've generally done well under pressure. I've never actually been the anchor before (I've been the de facto anchor a few times though) so we shall see how that turns out.

Later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home