Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Last night I saw "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe". It was weird. I'm not even sure what to think of it right now. However, the movie reminded me of many of the books I had read. I just know that there were plenty more adventures in the book - you just can't really fit an entire book into a movie, can you? The movie had a frenetic pace, full of outlandish adventuring, and some absurdity too. It kinda was like reading about all those freaky adventures you read about in books. The coincidences were very improbable, and the good guys benefitted from an absurd amount of luck. I used to read quite a bit when I was younger, but not so much recently. So basically I've become a slightly cynical movie-watcher, when I used to be an 'anything is possible' reader. I sort of miss the Jurrasic Park, the Honey I Shrunk the Kids, and even the Alice in Wonderland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home