Friday, March 18, 2005

The Phantom of the Opera


The Phantom & Christine
Originally uploaded by Palinchron.



I finally went to see The Phantom of the Opera. The movie basically sticked precisely to the play. Emmy Rossum, who played Christine, was very good in the movie. The guy who played the phantom was okay - decent, but nothing special. At first glance, Minnie Driver seemed miscast playing Carlotta, but she was actually very good too. Overall, I liked the movie, perhaps mainly because I liked the play.

One thing that I realized after seeing the movie was that it was only the second time that I have seen it. I was able to follow the story much better this time, because the first time that I saw it (the play), I had the off-broadway equivalent of nosebleed seats - everyone looked like tiny figurines. It just seems weird that I've seen it so few times. I guess the reason I felt so familiarized with the play was because the one year I was in a choir (yes, I was in a choir - in 4th grade) we sang nearly all of the songs from the play. Hmm, I wonder if there are any Phantom quizzes out there?

phantom
You are the Phantom!

What Phantom of the Opera Character are you? *Movie Version*
brought to you by Quizilla


one
Congratulations! You could give the Phantom a run
for his money in the obsession department! You
are over the top obsessed knowing all there is
to know!! Be proud of your obsession. After
all, obsession is just flattery to the extreme!
So show off your phantom loving status, cause
your impressive obsession makes you a true
phantom Phan!!!

How Phantom of the Opera obsessed are you?
brought to you by Quizilla


HASH(0x8df6478)
You are the Phantom. He has great passion for
music. Maybe you do too. It isn't a crime to
love music, just don't get too far into it.

Which Phantom of The Opera Character Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I speak as a obsessive Phantom fan with a talented voice that knows all the lyrics to the Phantom songs. I noticed that the owner of this site missspelled Christine's childhood friend's name. It is spelled as the following: Raoul.
Now I just tell you this because respect the character's names, despite the fact that I HATE Raoul and think that Christine should have gone with Erik.
Then again, don't we all.- Medea

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home