Thursday, March 10, 2005

It's all in the mind

Yesterday I had to go to work, then go to school, try (and fail) to make up a lab, go to class, try (and succeed) in making up my lab, do my post-lab report which was due the next morning, and finally go home and eat dinner four hours later than I normally do. I should mention that I was also sleep deprived through the day, found out that some of my transfer credits couldn't tranfer (it was physics - my MAJOR was physics; I got an A and a B, yet they couldn't transfer due to technicalities, it's aggrivating to me), and was almost rear-ended by some psycho driver. The whole lab thing really pissed me off, because the reason I had to make it up was due to the fact that they totally mismanaged last weeks lab.

But... I should keep things in perspective. I mean, I didn't get injured in any way, didn't get fired, nothing was stolen, and I wasn't traumatized by anything (that I know of). I met my responsibilities and deadlines. Nothing horrendously bad happened or anything, so I shouldn't complain too much about it.

Still, nothing particularly good happened either. When the daily grind gets especially grindy, it can wear you down mentally. Unfortunately, I'm still seriously sleep deprived, and the Red Bull and 7 Diet Cokes I had today (not all at once) is starting to wear off. Doing those crunches yesterday had the negative effect of making me a little hyper, so I didn't get much sleep. Well, I better wrap up before I pass out or something... Bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home