Thursday, August 05, 2004

Meanwhile...

In an effort to motivate myself to re-apply for college, I made the resolution to stop blogging until I finished my application. After all, certain things should take priority over other things, right? Hours passed. Then days. Then weeks. Then month- well fortunately I stopped being 'distracted' and finished my application. So what has happened in the meantime?

Unfortunately, like a dream, life can be a bit hazy when you look back on it - unless you're keeping notes as you are going through it. I haven't been keeping notes. It's like the dream I had the other day. The only thing I remember is that I dreamt that I got a sunburn. I didn't write anything down when I woke up, so that's the only thing I remember. Thing is, looking back I'm not so sure I really dreamt it at all. I might have been thinking that I was going to get a sunburn one day, and now I only thought I dreamt actually getting a sunburn.

What has happened in the meantime? Well, I watched a lot of movies. I'm usually picky when it comes to seeing movies, but people have been encouraging me to see this movie and that. "Go see Dodgeball, it's hilarious!" (they're right). "Spiderman 2 is better than the original!" (right, again) "Harold an Kumar Go to White Castle was so funny, I was rolling on the floor!" (again, surprisingly good) On the other hand, I've heard very divided comments for The Village. Some people liked it, some hated it. Even Ebert and Roeper are divided straight down the middle. I'll probably go see it. I haven't seen any of Shyamalan's movies yet, so I won't be looking for a twist or anything.

Worked quite a bit. Went to a baseball game. I do recall trying to convince a friend of mine to not drop out of college (probably in vain). He was complaining that he didn't understand his teacher - he was speaking gobbledygook. Unfortunately I know the feeling, it's a tough situation to be in. Hopefully he will persevere.

That's all I have for now, I'm going to see a concert by Chieli Minucci in a few hours. Ciao.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home