Sunday, July 11, 2004

CD burning?

I usually don't buy music CDs. They are, in my opinion, way overpriced. When I buy a CD, I usually can't help but feel disappointed with the overall product. Sure, some of the songs are good, but unless I like the whole CD, I feel I overpaid. I'll admit that CDs make good gifts, but buying them for yourself seems pretty inefficient.

A while back, going against my instincts, I decided to buy a Billy Joel Greatest Hits CD, figuring I would like most of the songs. Before I go on, I should let you know that I have this tendency to not want to change CDs in my CD player. Instead, I go ahead and play the same CD over and over again for hours. How unfortunate that I find that my Billy Joel CD really consists of 2 CDs! What's worse, half of my favorite songs are on one CD and half on the other. So, as I sit hear listening to the 2nd CD (over and over again, hours on end), I decide I should start investigating CD burning technology. That way, I can make ONE unified Billy Joel Greatest Hits CD, with the songs I want.

What!? Someone agrees with me? Visit here for someone who also thinks CDs are overpriced (among other things).

2 Comments:

Blogger Freon said...

Totally agree with you. Check out this site: http://www.crappypresent.com/

6:33 PM  
Blogger Palinchron said...

For example, when I buy a CD as a present for my Dad, instead of agonizing over what he would like, I buy something that I know I would like. That way, if he doesn't like it, he'll give it to me. Now, this doesn't mean I'm evil or anything, right?

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home