Monday, July 12, 2004

So what if I like diet soda?

I come in to work today, and my co-workers express amazement that I'm drinking a diet mountain dew (yes this mythical soda does exist)! What's the big deal, there are many advantages to someone who drinks diet soda.

Advantages of drinking diet:
  • No aftertaste!

  • You don't waste calories on soda.
    I'll admit I'm a bit of a soda junkie.
    Approximate calorie allotment per day: around 2,000
    (more if I do some physical activity)
    Calories wasted on drinking diet soda: 0
    More food for me to eat!

  • If I do happen to eat something that's sugary, like cheesecake, it tastes much sweeter. After all, I'm not used to the sugar rush, so the effect is greater.

You don't like diet? I didn't either. When I had braces a long time ago, my orthodontist suggested I switch to diet. It took me several weeks to get acclimated to the taste (It tasted pretty nasty at first). But after that, it tasted just fine. In fact, I can't drink regular cola anymore because it tastes like pure syrup to me!

Look, I'm not trying to convert anybody. I just want people to stop hurling the stones of sarcasm at all the poor people who do drink diet. I'm not trying to lose weight, I just want to get more mileage out of my food!

Odds and Ends

I drink regular sprite because I needed something to drink that doesn't have caffeine. There's not much variety in diet sodas (only diet coke/pepsi) out there, outside of the supermarket. I also need my iced tea with sugar. Ironically, I can't stand diet sprite or diet iced tea (blech!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home