Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Insomnia!

Well, it's 2:30 in the morning and I can't sleep. I've decided to post a post about my insomnia. I actually have some sleeping pills, but I didn't want to use them figuring I can sleep on my own. I don't know. I guess I'm the type who does not want to take any body altering substances (drugs) unless absolutely necessary. I generally won't even take, say tylenol, unless I'm really debilitated by a headache or something. I thought, well I woke up at 7am this morning, so I should be able to sleep by midnight right? No. My body temperature is burning up as if I should be doing some sort of physical activity right now instead of sleeping. My room is slightly too warm so I turn on the fan. Then I'm too cold so I cover up. Then I'm too hot so I uncover. Repeat ad infinitum. Meanwhile, my brain won't shut up. I hate it that at night, I just keep thinking and thinking about various stuff. I wish I could just flush all the thoughts out of my brain so I can get some sleep. I love that in the morning, I have nothing on my mind. It's like a clean slate. I just wish that it would happen at night! I wish there was a button I could press which would make me fall asleep. With my insomnia, I do get enough sleep, usually about 8 hours. Problem is, I can't seem to control when I get to sleep. It would be nice if my body didn't operate on some freakish 32 hour cycle... Oh well, right now I'm trying to decide if I should just take my sleeping pills, or if I should try to wait until I get tired and sleep a shorter amount of time (say 5am to 11am) and use the slight sleep deprivation to help me get to sleep earlier on the next day. Sorry for ranting on and on. If this post isn't making sense, maybe I getting tired... hopefully.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home