Saturday, August 06, 2005

Summer Break -or- Filling In The Blanks

Can't sleep again... as usual.

I apologize for not keeping up with my blog. I suppose it is a bad habit of mine to disappear for awhile. Back when I was in high school, and in college too I suppose, I had a habit of living a totally seperate life in the summer time compared to what I did in the fall-winter-spring time. Whether it be a summer job, summer classes, tennis lessons, or just a roadtrip, it always seemed like that I had different friends, differing habits, and/or just exiled myself from my previous life for whatever reason. Bears hibernate in the winter. I apparently hibernate in the summer.

**this actually had not been the case in recent years, however. I think that before I went back to school this spring, I had lost all concept of time. Life simply dragged on and on, without any structure. So I suppose 'summer' didn't really exist for me then. Now, on the other hand, I'm back in school; and I suppose I needed some time to 'recover' from it.

I any case, sadly, not much has happened to me this summer. I worked full time to compensate for me not taking any summer classes. I watched way too much television, watched a number of movies, bought a gameboy advance (which I will hereafter refer to as electronic crack), and basically did nothing productive. A couple of times I did have something to blog about, but it didn't really inspire me or anything. Mostly pointless stuff, anyhow.

Life is soo pointless. Blah, blah, blah. I actually was so depressed the other day that it seeped into the surroundings to point that people around me began to notice it (I'm pretty stoic - it's rare when my emotions start affecting reality). "Are you going through a mid-life crisis or something?" somebody asked me. Whatever. I'm fine now. Relatively speaking. I had recently unearthed some nostalgic baggage from my high school days - not really a good thing - in a silly effort to spark up conversation with somebody who was leaving town anyway.

E: You're so closed.
me: I know. I am.
E: Why are you like that?
me: I don't know.


The fact of the matter is that one of my worst traits is that I don't hold on. I let go too easily. And I have pretty awful timing. It just seems like I tend to open up right at the moment when either I have to leave, or when somebody else has to leave. For whatever reason, it always seems to turn out that way. In any case, I think it's time for me to wrap up. That's enough whining from me today.

2 Comments:

Blogger Texas Gurl said...

Maybe you let go so easily because you moved around so much as a kid? You were forced to let go of friendships and a stable environment time after time so you adapted.

9:46 PM  
Blogger Palinchron said...

Even so, I shouldn't make excuses. It's ironic that I envy my Dad's childhood situation, that of growing up in the same place for the first 20 years of his life, yet he's so sick of that place that he would never dream of going back there again for any longer than a short visit.

2:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home