Thursday, September 23, 2004

Mike Tyson - punching bag

Not too long ago, on the Dan Patrick show (radio) they were making fun of one of Mike Tyson's recent soundbites. "I've been training confuciusly for my next fight..." They were trying to figure out what he really meant. Was is conscientiously? Capriciously? Confusingly? At a certain point I wanted to yell at the radio, "Profusely, he means PROFUSELY!" Oh well, I should have emailed it in, but I was in my car.

I've heard Mike Tyson takes anti-depressants. He certainly seems to need it, it's obvious he suffers from some sort of mental illness. However, it's been suggested that maybe the medication hurts his fighting ability. After all, if he's feeling all calm and rational, it doesn't really help him in the ring. Boxing is a sport where it's actually an advantage to be a little crazy.

Are Mike's days numbered? Maybe. But he'll keep trying. As Mike would say, he doesn't want to fade into Bolivia...

1 Comments:

Blogger shara said...

The 'confuciusly'quote is one of my favorites - I hadn't heard the 'Bolivia' one, but my husband is going to cough up a lung laughing when I tell him.

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home